The Entrepreneurial Option (TEO) was established in 2008 to help people find a low-risk path to business ownership.
Everybody knows the rewards of business ownership, including
- Higher income
- Control over your future
- A flexible schedule
But few people make the move from corporate employee to entrepreneur. Why not? Overwhelmingly, people hesitate to pursue the benefits of business ownership because they perceive risk.
We are experts in how to obtain the benefits of proven, top-performing franchises to help you become a successful business owner. Without accepting too much risk.
Our mission at TEO is to help people who are in career transition, whether intentional or not, or those looking for an investment for the future … and those just exploring their options. Our number one goal is to help you determine if business ownership is right for you and, if so, what type of business would lead to success for you. It’s as simple as that! No pressure. No obligation.
What We Do For You
Going into business for yourself takes research and smart planning. That’s why you need experts guiding you through the process to ensure you succeed. Whether you are thinking about buying a franchise or want to buy an existing business, our consultants have the experience and the proven processes to ensure a good match and a successful business.
The Entrepreneur Option (TEO) knows that individual entrepreneurs have different goals, needs, and personality types. We are uniquely qualified in the industry to advise on both franchises and acquisitions.
Our consultative process has four key steps:
- Meeting – Our experienced TEO consultants will identify your goals, needs, and interests as a starting point in determining the right path for you. We get to know you as a business professional. Then we will understand what type of franchise is right for you.
- Matching – We already know about the country’s top performing franchises. Now that we know about you, we can recommend a few franchises that are a good match for your skills, your background, and your interests.
- Investigating – With the tools provided by your TEO consultant, you can then begin an independent process of research. You will dig deep, to complete a thorough due diligence process.
- Choosing – At this stage, having acquired all the information you need, you will make the decision of which franchise, if any, is best for you. Your TEO advisor will be by your side every step of the way, but YOU make the final decision!
Buying a Franchise
Franchises are an affordable option to reduce your risk and increase your likelihood of success. With more than 4,000 different franchises in more than 80 categories, it’s not all about flipping burgers anymore! Our clients are energized by the many low-cost options including senior care, education, pet care, home repair and many more. Our job is to help you find the right fit.
A franchise is a great option for becoming an entrepreneur for three main reasons:
- Smart Investment: You don’t need to be a millionaire to get started on the path to freedom and financial success. For most franchises, you need as little as $25,000 liquid capital and a net worth of $100,000.
And our consultants can help you understand the options for financing your business. The end result is that your investment has immediate equity and your hard work will directly impact YOUR bottom line, NOT your boss’!
- Amazing Selection: With more than 3,000+ franchises to choose from — many in the services or business-to-business categories — you will find a business category that suits your personal interests and lifestyle. No longer dominated by fast food chains, the franchise world has expanded and continues to expand into every aspect of our lives. CLICK HERE TO REVIEW CURRENT OPPORTUNITIES!
- Proven Systems: One key benefit of purchasing a franchise is that you get a tried-and-true system that the franchisor has built to ensure success. It is like buying a “business in a box” with tools, support, training and marketing. As a franchise owner, you will also have the support of fellow franchise owners who have “been there and done that” so that you benefit from their experience. Franchises have a high rate of success as a result!
Good news… the TEO consultative services for buying a franchise are FREE. We do not charge you for our consultative services. The franchise companies that we work with value our services because we bring them serious, well-informed and qualified candidates who have done their homework and are ready to succeed. They pay us a placement fee while you get the advice and support of TEO’s experts to help you through the selection process.
Acquiring an Existing Business
For many people, buying an existing business is a better option for fulfilling their entrepreneurial dream. Not only can you begin to take a salary immediately, you may find that the freedom to build the business on your own terms might be the most comfortable path to success.
Having a third-party Business Intermediary to represent you in the purchase of a business will make the process smoother and lead to a more successful acquisition. A third-party intermediary is dedicated to representing you and connecting you with the most appropriate opportunities.
The Entrepreneurial Option is a business intermediary firm that assists prospective entrepreneurs with acquisitions ranging from $500,000 to $5M. Our Business Search process does a deep dive into opportunities to locate the right business for you to buy.